Tryon Creek Construction builds new custom homes for all lifestyles and needs.
Whether you have your heart set on a traditional Craftsman, contemporary or a mixture of many styles we go through the same detail-oriented planning process for every home.
Building a team
By forming your team first, with architect and builder, we ensure that the final product is well built for your chosen site. Additionally, an early partnership ensures that the home of your dreams is within your budget.
Choosing your site
To create a home that truly fits and takes advantage of its site, we recommend choosing your building site before falling in love with a house plan. Tryon Creek Construction can help you choose that site and plan.
Paper is cheap
Time spent planning up front can save you thousands in the long run. Making decisions on flooring, fixtures, countertops, cabinetry and more create a fixed price that doesn’t change. Everything is in writing from start to finish from plans to specifications and contracts to change orders so that everyone knows what is expected.
Extra mile for you.
All Tryon Creek homes are built to last a lifetime and beyond. Extra steps and care are painstakingly completed to ensure high quality. Our homes are made with proven, long-lasting products such as:
- Cedar shake roofs with long warranties
- Composition roofs with 50-year or lifetime warranties
- Tile roofs and metal roofs with 50+-year warranties
- Cedar siding, not LP nor Hardi-Plank siding
- Brick, real stone and stucco siding
- Quality plumbing fixtures
- Well-made, custom cabinetry with high quality hardware
- Quality appliances
- High quality vinyl or wood windows
- Quality doors and hardware
Typically our homes have:
- Structured wiring systems for phone, computers and television throughout the home
- Security systems
- Central vacuum
We’ll stand behind it
Every Tryon Creek home has a 10-year warranty for structural and construction defects and a one-year standard warranty. After one-year, we will walk through your home with you to address any issues that need attention.
How green do you want to be?
In addition to any of our standard construction methods listed below, we will research other green or sustainable options you are interested in.
- We use HVAC systems that are more efficient than what is required by Code.
- Radiant floor heating is available. Although it is expensive to install, it is very efficient to operate.
- Recycled content gypsum board used.
- Insulation material is part recycled material.
- FSC certified lumber for framing upon request.
- Low VOC paints upon request.
- Water-based hardwood floor finishes.
- Paint grade finish carpentry material is high quality MDF made from wood waste.
- Many of the paint grade finish carpentry materials and/or the siding material are finger-jointed wood which allows the short pieces to be used instead of wasted.
- Engineered framing lumber made from wood waste is used because it is a more stable product than the dimension lumber available and is resistant to warping, twisting, shrinking, etc.
- All the construction waste removed from the site is recycled to the fullest extent possible (currently greater than 90%).
You are truly one of a kind in your profession and as a human being.
Everywhere I look in this incredible house, I see something that is more beautiful, more functional and more carefully crafted due to the steadfastness of your guidance and oversight.
We thank you for building our home, and in the process, a friendship that we will cherish always.Al & Julie Ferro